Sunday 26 January 2020

January WIPocalypse

I'm a little late to the party with my January stitching but things are now progressing well. The illness I had for most of December resurfaced just after the new year so I was down and out for the first two weeks or so of the new year. I'm just starting to feel like I'm getting back to my old self now. 

I started off the new year with a Christmas stitch! If you read my WIPocalypse goals under the page beneath my header you will see that I had several Christmas stitches listed as a possibility for the coming year. I decided to go with A Yuletide Welcome by Plum Street Samplers.


This is a fairly large piece, one which I had actually started several years ago not long after it was released. I wasn't happy with my fabric choice though and didn't get very far into the stitching before I ditched it. I love this design and it's one that can really be left up year round. So I dug through my stash and found a suitable fabric on a higher count than my original.....40 ct Lakeside Linen Buttercream.
Because it's a larger project, I decided to get started at it now while there was still snow on the ground and I felt like working on a Christmas stitch. Normally I would put it aside sometime around March and bring it out again in the fall to finish. However I know that I'll never get it done this year if I do that. The plan is to stitch on this for at least one full week every month until it's finished. The house is huge and I'll start stitching the roof of it in February. So far I'm much happier than with my original start.

The rest of January I have alternated A Yuletide Welcome with a WIP from last year. Willow Hill Samplings Pennsylvania Dutch Sampler is another larger project which I'm really enjoying. It's a monochromatic stitch and I've chosen a limited edition Gentle Art floss called Cardinal. I'm stitching it on 40 ct Silkweaver Burmese Beige.  I've included a pic of my 2019 progress as well as this month's. The second pic is a more accurate capture of the colour of the fabric.






I am thrilled with how this is turning out! The floss looks so good on this particular fabric and I wish I could stitch on nothing else.

I also managed to complete 2 small winter ornaments which I will be posting on the final day of January as part of the 2020 Smalls SAL. Hope you'll drop by then!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn, So happy to read your post and see these lovely projects you are working on. Love them both and your stitching is immaculate. Happy Stitching from me. Oh, I am working on Swirling Flowers by Karen Kluba right now, pretty colours in my white world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn: They are both beautiful Samplers.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on that big house, love the gold color.
    Pennsylvania is so pretty.
    I hope you are finally rid of that nasty bug!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These are both so gorgeous, I can see why you enjoy stitching on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are looking good, Lynn! I love that Cardinal thread; so pretty. I am glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fabric you chose for Yuletide Welcome looks great with what you've stitched so far.
    Your PA Dutch Sampler looks good too, I really like the floss you're using.

    ReplyDelete

Labels