Monday 1 March 2021

February WIPocalypse

 Besides a new start this month I've spent some quality time with a WIPocalypse that I started last year on my birthday in May. Heartstring Samplery's Victoria's Garden is a lovely reproduction design. I've really been enjoying my time spent with her.



As you can see, I'm in the final few days of stitching this beauty. Only the border remains and let me tell you, I'm having an interesting time with it. It met up but after stitching it I have decided that the child who originally stitched this was easily distracted, lol! You can't go on auto pilot when stitching this border. She added stitches, she dropped stitches and she improvised her corners just as many of us may have done throughout some of our own stitching. I am loving every stitch!

When I need a bit of a break from Victoria I turn to my new start, 1897 Schoolhouse Samplers My Precious Jewel - Ann Alice Townshend. Lianne Van Leyen is the brains behind 1897 Schoolhouse Samplers and is a personal friend of mine. She is passionate about reproducing the samplers in her collection, particularly the ragamuffins. Although I have several of her reproduction samplers in my stash this is the first I chose to spend any time with and it certainly won't be the last!



When I pulled the called for floss for this I realized that I didn't have many of them in my stash. With the pandemic and shipping times what they are, I didn't want to wait and so I have chosen to stitch this with silks from my stash. The majority are Belle Soie choices so far. I'm sort of converting as I go. 

I hope to continue with this one during March and I'm sure Victoria's Garden will be complete by the end of the coming week. I haven't decided which design is next but I have several in mind. 
I hope you are all staying safe and stitching your hearts out!

7 comments:

  1. A beautiful finish & new start.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria's Garden is looking fabulous, Lynn. Your new start is looking lovely. Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn: Your Sampler is beautiful, I know what you mean about the first Sampler, I am working on one that I have had to change some of the stitch's on.
    I love the other Sampler so pretty, I too have used a different type thread instead of ordering new threads on projects in the past.
    I hope the snow is melting in your area and it gets warm soon.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn: Such lovely Samplers.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both beautiful. Seeing work like yours strengthens my love of samplers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Victoria’s sampler is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Victoria's Sampler looks lovely, I hope you've finished it by now? And your new start looks great so far, the colours you've chosen are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Labels