Saturday 27 June 2020

June Smalls

Six months into the year and this is only my second posting for the Smalls SAL. This year has turned out to be the year of the larger projects. Understandably they help pass the time more during this quarantine plus I have some large projects that have been on my wishlist for some time. However I couldn't resist stitching up a little Canada design for the upcoming Canada Day on July 1.

This particular design is one of Jeannette Douglas' Patriotic Snippets, specifically #5. I had hoped it would be completely finished by now but I had none of the required Petite Treasure Bread, Kreinik Blending Filament and none of the required Threadworx floss. I couldn't find them locally which means that I have to wait for them to arrive from the US before I can finish this.


The missing threads will fill in the outline on the left which is meant to be an interpretation of the northern lights. There are 12 of these sweet little snippets to stitch. They were released two to a package every other month throughout 2017 in celebration of Canada's 150th birthday. I hope to do several more of them if not all but it probably won't happen this year. Too many other things are wanting attention. I'll post a pic of the final finish on this one as soon as I can get it stitched up. Floss orders have generally been taking anywhere from 3-5 wks to arrive!

I hope you are all well and getting lots of x's crossed!



3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what this looks like when you get the floss that you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be so cute.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet! Thank you for joining the SAL!

    ReplyDelete

Labels