Monday 29 July 2019

July WIPocalypse

Summer is here and the living is easy! Would you believe I didn't touch any of my cross stitch until mid month? Even then I only worked on small projects until this last week. My small finish can be seen on my previous post. The weather this spring was so lousy that as soon as better weather arrived we took advantage of it. However now the sticky humidity has arrived which forced us indoors and out came my stitching.

I've been concentrating on The Scarlett House Mary Ann Farmer this past week. I made significant progress from my last post.

Before: 



After:

The lettering on the centre portion is stitched over one and stitched up very quickly. I actually enjoy over one stitching and I had just finished working on a name tree which used the over one.



I almost forgot to show you the finish I had right at the beginning of July. It wasn't finished in time for Canada Day this year but I'll have it ready to go for next year. As you'll see it was designed for Canada's 150th birthday celebration two years ago so I'm a little late to the party, lol! Better late than never! This is Canada 150, designed by Jeannette Douglas.



That's it for this month. I hope you're not melting the way we have the past few days. More reasonable temperatures are called for later in the week. Lots of visits for us this coming month including a stitching get together. I can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. I like the sampler from Mary Ann very well, great progress.
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Ann is looking good, and the Canada 150th piece is very special.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, congratulations on finishing the Canada 150 piece! Very pretty! Your Mary Ann sampler is looking good. Such a pretty sampler with pretty colors! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are very hot here on Long Island, but extremely grateful for central air-conditioning. I love the Mary Ann sampler. Those flower urns are beautiful. I really like your Canada Day piece too. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress, it's a very pretty piece.
    I love your Canada, it's never too late to stitch that!

    ReplyDelete

Labels