Friday 28 September 2018

September Smalls

As of last week our temperatures have taken a plunge and the colours, scents and foliage all indicate that autumn has truly arrived. On my evening walks I smell the smoke from the wood stoves and a definite chill has lead to my bringing out the sweaters once more. I still have a hard time giving up my sandals though and most days I can still be found in them....at least until it's so cold that I break down and cover the toes.

Cooler days bring out an instinct to cocoon with stitching in hand. That's exactly what I've been doing although I've concentrated on some larger pieces this month. The only small that I managed to complete is by Jenny Hoffman of Country Rustic Primitives and is called Autumn Greetings.


I have several other fall and Halloween smalls that I want to get started on and I hope to have at least a couple completed by next month. Tomorrow I'll be found at my sewing machine doing the final finishing on a number of previously stitched smalls including the above finish. I'll have a post next week on my larger autumn pieces that I've been spending all my time with. See you then!

2 comments:

  1. It's cooler here in the mornings also, but nice & sunny during the day.
    Can't wait to see your finishes!
    Have a great weekend!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect small to bring in the fall! I'm loving the cooler weather, perfect for sleeping.

    ReplyDelete

Labels