Sunday 26 August 2018

July & August WIPocalypse

The summer is just flying by! I only just realized that I missed my July postings. I was so busy that month and then I was on vacation for most of this month. The end of summer is just around the corner but I managed to get the pieces I wanted finished by the summer's end completed.

In June's post I showed you that I was working on Heartstring Samplery's All The Pretty Flowers. Finishing was complete by the end of July. I love this one especially since I have very few summer pieces stitched.




Continuing on the summer theme I started next on Threadwork Primitive A Bee's Gathering. This one is to be finished according to the instructions included as a needlebook.



During early August I travelled to Sudbury to spend time with my stitching friends and I stayed at the home of my friend Cathy. Cathy and her husband are beekeepers and make their own honey so it was only fitting that I worked on this piece while I stayed with them!
Here's a pic of the group of us. I'll have a few more pics on my next post including some of the project we completed together.



 Following my visit to Cathy's I headed to the cottage with my hubby and I had my new stitch complete within a few days of my arrival. Dockside stitching is the best!




A few cooler days brought thoughts of fall so I decided to pull out a WIP that I had actually started a year ago this weekend.

This is Acorn Gathering Sewing Roll by With Thy Needle & Thread. I'm stitching it on 40 ct Picture This Plus Legacy and I'm really liking how it's shaping up.




Rather than starting a new, larger project I'm going to continue working on this and another WIP from last fall, Annie Hyssop's Harvest Moon by Primitive Needle. I'll also be starting some new smalls for my Smalls SAL. 

It's been a whirlwind month and I'm still celebrating while visiting family in Windsor for birthdays this month. On my next post I'll have a few pics from my vacation activities as well as my smalls I completed over the last two months. See you then! 


3 comments:

  1. Lovely finishes and good progress on your WIP! Enjoy the remaining days of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are having a great Summer.
    All of your stitching is pretty, love the Squirrels!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your finishes. Looking forward to seeing your progress on Acorn Gathering Sewing Roll as I have this in my stash.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

Labels