Thursday 5 March 2015

March WIPocalypse and Hints of Spring

March's full moon is here and with it comes this weekend's time change, more daylight and birdsong. Yaaay! Spring is drawing ever closer. 
As one season draws to a close and another nears its beginning, I'm working on finishing two designs, one representing each season.

I started Threadwork Primitives Wintertime at the start of the new year. I should have been finished this by now but it kept being pushed to the side to work on other designs. I have just one deer and the border to finish on this one. 


 The second design is a cute bunny sampler from La D Da called Briar Rabbit. I only have one of the bunny's ears stitched so far. I still have parts of the border to finish but I needed a change so I moved on to the letters for a day or so.


I also had two other finishes recently which can be seen here on my previous post. 
Today I'm pulling out some ideas for my March Smalls SAL. I haven't decided if I want to stitch something for St. Patrick's Day or if I want to move right on by to spring and Easter. Probably the latter. 

The Nashville Needlework Market has just finished and there are a bevy of lovely new patterns out there for the taking! I've limited myself to just four when there were probably about a dozen that I would have liked to order. Brenda Gervais of With Thy Needle & Thread has 11 new designs alone! I ordered Brenda's In Season  and Plum Street Samplers Chocolate Harts plus I've asked a friend who is attending a post market release launch at a needlework shop to pick up PSS Black Cherry Tart and Blackbird Designs new book  In Friendship's Way. 
I'm looking forward to starting one of these new designs in the near future!

The sun is out and it's a lovely day here today which has brought out many feathered friends to our yard. Here are just a few.




My knee replacement surgery is scheduled for Mar. 16 so you may or may not see me on here for a bit depending on how well I recover. I'm hoping to get in some quality stitching once I'm home. I'm really looking forward to this coming summer when with a new hip and knee I'll be in far better shape than I have for some time.  I'm planning lots of walks and some boating too.

This weekend is the time change to daylight savings time so don't forget to put your clock ahead before bed on Saturday night! Looking forward to some longer daylight in the evenings.

11 comments:

  1. Wintertime is lovely - nice to see your feathered friends :-)'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your birdies :) I don't think the cardinal ever gets out here.....have never seen one here!
    Good luck with the knee surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute projects.
    There's a lot of tempting things from Nashville. :)
    The birds are so cute.
    It's supposed to warm up this weekend in WI too.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery with your surgery. Take care.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the knee surgery. I'm sure everything will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitching and great finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our clocks won't be changed until the end of March here in the UK, so we have a bit longer to wait. :( Wonderful stitching. Love the bird photos. Good luck with the surgery, hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been working on two lovely projects here. I really like the alphabet in Briar Rabbit.

    Did you go to Nashville or just buy the charts? It must be hard to avoid the temptation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have picked some lovely newpatterns.
    Winter is so sweet.
    Love your bird pictures.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a speedy recovery after the surgery.
    Lovely new designs you have chosen and such lovely stitching you have been doing this past month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful stitching Lynn! I see that the Nashville charts you got are right up my alley again! I've been eying the BBD book but waiting for awhile before I order anything. I hope your knee surgery will be successful. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely stitching! I've got my eye on a few pieces from Nashville too. Good luck with the knee replacement!!!!! It'll take time but once it's healed you will be in heaven...my mom's only regret was that she didn't do it sooner. And that's pretty much what everyone says that's had it done. And yes you will have plenty of quality time for stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Labels