Monday 21 January 2008

Following Dr.'s orders

I had something happen to me this week that has never happened and had me totally confused. I usually get up for work around 5:15am and leave the house around 6:10 in order to be at work by 7:00am. So on Wednesday morning I rose up before the hour, figuring I was doing pretty well. Bob stays overnight in Ottawa on Tuesdays so he wasn't around to slow me down! I left the house about 15 min earlier than usual which left me plenty of time to stop and pick up my coffee at Tim Horton's on the way. When I arrived at work one of my co-workers asked me if I'd had car trouble or what? I'm thinking to myself, "What's she talking about?" Then she asks, "Then why are you late?" Late, I'm late?! I took a look at the clock and yep, I'm running an hour late. How could that possibly be? I was so confused. I hadn't even noticed that I was driving to work in daylight instead of darkness. I mean it seems that that's all I do lately is commute from one place to another at all times, day or night. Chesterville to Cornwall, Cornwall to Ottawa, Ottawa to Chesterville.
Now my alarm clock is not one where the alarm shuts off daily. By that I mean that it has a separate button to stop the sound of the alarm but the alarm itself will stay preset for as long as you want unless you actually turn off a separate control, which I hadn't. Of course Bob wasn't around to wake me and it seems that the alarm had been going off for over an hour and I hadn't woke at all. Trust me, that's extremely unusual.
I've also had a few incidents involving memory which have troubled me. So when I visited my Dr. on Thursday I mentioned all of these to him. He seemed rather concerned, listened to my heart, took my pressure, ordered an ECG and a ton of bloodwork. It seems my blood pressure is up quite a bit and he feels that the stress at work is finally catching up to me and I'm suffering from stress and exhaustion. I didn't think I was that tired! I guess my body is telling me something! Unless things improve in the next few weeks he's going to order me off work for a short while. In the meantime I'm to sleep more and slow down, stay home more and relax. And while I'm at it, I should spend more time doing something I enjoy, like my stitching. Yippee!! So I stayed quiet all weekend and stitched (when I wasn't sleeping!). Dr's orders!

So here's my progress on Winter Wishes and CdC. I wasn't able to stitch on my regular CdC evening because of the stiff neck that plagued me earlier in the week. I love the colour of the fabric I'm using for WWW. It's a Kiwi Illusions fabric and I'd love to get my hands on some more in this colour. I have several other projects that would look good on this one.



I was kinda misbehaved though. I travelled into Ottawa on Sunday for church but Bob was driving and I slept on the way in. He was playing in a recital on Sunday evening for organ and flute with another artist. I really didn't want to miss this. I mean besides the fact that my hubby was involved, I was also a flute player for many years and had been looking forward to this particular recital. So after lunch I behaved myself and had a nap at the church. Following this I sat and stitched while Bob rehearsed. It was lovely really, stitching to the music of Bach. The recital was excellent. There was only one teensy hitch. The lady who was supposed to be turning pages for Bob was ill and not able to make it. So guess who filled in? Yep, yours truly! Am I ever glad I was dressed decently. Sometimes I've brought a change of clothes with me so that I'm more comfortable. Fortunately I'd forgot them at home and was stilled dressed in my Sunday best. The evening ended fairly early and I was back home and in bed before 11:00pm. Not early enough when one's getting up at 5 but I did sleep in the car on the return trip. It's amazing how much you can actually sleep when someone tells you you're tired and you need it!

I've been checking on Silkweaver's site lately to see if they've posted the winners of their Stitcher's Showcase. I entered a few of my small projects. It would be nice to win some free fabric! Nothing yet though. Time to sign off. I've just got enough time left to stitch for about a half an hour before bed. Tomorrow night is CdC and I hope to make some good progress if I can stay awake!

15 comments:

  1. Lynn ~ I'm sorry you're not feeling well. What a great treatment to solve the problem though!!

    Your CdC is gorgeous, yet another CdC that looks so completely different than any others that are stitching it. What a great design this is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{{{HUGS}}}} dear Lynn, I'm glad that you went to the Dr. though...don't let work get you down, believe me I understand though...and I only have to work on the weekend, I hate to think what it'd be like through the week....YUCK!
    Take care and I'm thinking of you and praying too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lynn..I'm sorry to hear that you are having some health problems.
    Rest rest rest.. stitch stitch stitch. Good idea. Take care of yourself!
    It sounds like the recital went well. Such talent.
    Your CdC is pretty and www as well.
    Keep resting.
    Hugs:} Beatrice

    ReplyDelete
  4. {{{HUGS}}} I hope whatever is causing your current problems clears up shortly and the extra sleep and stitching work their wonders!
    Both your pieces look wonderful.
    Thinking of you....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn, that is very scary! I'm glad you are listening to the doctor's orders and trying to get more rest. We definitely need to listen to our bodies but sometimes we just get caught up in everything that's going on around us. I hope the rest does the trick for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn, I hope you are feeling better quickly, but then the cure does sound marvelous. Enjoy your rest and stitching. Both of your projects look fantastic. What is the thread you are using on CdC?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry that you are not feeling well Lynn. Rest and take care of yourself. Your Cirque is looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear this. Look after yourself and do get lots of rest! What a great excuse to stitch though eh? ;) Speaking of which, both your wips look great. I havent had a chance to work on CdC this week unfortunately.
    I used to play the flute too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes it all just catches up with you. I had a job once that so exhausted me that when I finally quit I slept for hours every day for about three weeks! And then had a good nights sleep every night! My dh has slept through the alarm too. We are not superheroes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ((((Lynn)))) I am sorry that yoiu are not feeling well, but I can not think of a better cure than, sleep, classical music and stitching. Please take care !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Lynn take it easy girl! All that running around really catch up with you in the end!

    Take care of yourself and listen to your body, your projects look great

    Check my blog out I've awarded you with a you make me smile award!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Take care of yourself Lynn! Rest and Stitch...great advice for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Be sure and rest and take it easy, it sounds like you really need it. Stress isn't good for you, and if you have that along with high blood pressure and not enough rest it isn't good, as your doctor pointed out. I hope you're feeling better soon.

    Both projects are looking lovely, and Kiwi is perfect for Wishes. It gives it a pretty, soft, wintery feel. I can see why you'd want more of it, it would work great for sky and other backings too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lynn,

    Goodness, what a scary thing to happen. You've got to take care of yourself and follow the doctor's orders. Hope that you are able to get lots of rest, and cut back on your work hours. And of course lots of stitching time, which we all know is a very calming and relaxing hobby.

    I can't believe that it's been 10 years since the ice storm. We didn't really have too much of it here in the GTA as I recall. But we heard what the Eastern part of the province and into Quebec were going through and it was pretty scary at times. Those pictures are pretty amazing. I remember tv film showing transmission towers suddenly crumpling and collapsing with a groan to the ground.

    Those craft drawers from Michael's look really neat, and I look forward to seeing pictures of your craft room once it's all done and put together.

    I enjoyed reading the meme that you answered for kathy. These things are great for letting us get to know one another a bit better.

    Wishes and CdC are continuing to grow and look even nicer and it's fun to watch your progress.

    Hope Finnigan is also looking after himself, resting and getting back to his old self. Is the new diet helping with things???

    Take care Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Goodness, Lynn, I'm so sorry you're having these issues...and so glad you've had the good sense to see your doctor and are taking it easy. Stitching and resting sounds like great medicine and advice for the time-being to me!!! Love your CdC thread color and progress. And, your other stitching is beautiful, too. I'll have to check up on you more often...I've been remiss in frequent stop-bys on friends this year...2008! Love and hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete

Labels