Thursday 25 July 2013

Two finishes for WIPocalypse

The full moon this week signaled the time for a WIPocalypse post. I held off for a couple of days because I knew that I was so close to a finish on my one project. 


Plum Street Samplers Fruit of the Spirit

After four months, Fruit of the Spirit is completely finished. It took me far longer than I expected which I think had a lot to do with stitching on the 36ct fabric. My eyes would tire easily and I put the piece down more frequently than I usually do. I also needed good light for this one, particularly for the over one stitching, so I couldn't just stitch on it anywhere. The picture really doesn't do it justice. The colours are so much more vibrant in real life.

My second finish occured a little earlier in the month with the completion of Weeds Make Haste.


Shakespeare's Peddler Weeds Make Haste

This one is off getting stretched right now for framing later in the fall. I get a discount the more pieces I bring in at once so my friend and I are going to combine all our recent finishes in the fall and have them framed then.

I have also finished stitching my ornament for my monthly SAL but I can't post a picture until the chosen date at the end of the month.

Not knowing quite what to get started on next, I picked up my Halloween stitch from last fall and spent a little time with it. It's called A Wicked Plant and is designed by Barbara Ana.
Here's a progress pic.



I have received my kit for my Torah project, titled Torah Stitch by Stitch. For more information on this project follow the highlighted link. The project is open to stitchers of all religious denominations and from all countries. We have 140 stitchers signed on for the project and a total of 1463 are needed. I will be getting started on my verses of stitching next week.

Today I plan on rooting through my stash and deciding on my next ornament and design to stitch. We'll be leaving for the cottage in mid August and I want to have everything organized before I leave.
My next WIPocalypse should have some progress photos from these new ventures. Until then, enjoy your summer!

20 comments:

  1. beautiful finishes♥, and your new stitching is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely finishes! Great Halloween finish also...love that spider!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on fabulous finishes! A Wicked Plant looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both lovely. What a project Torah Stitch by Stitch is!! That is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb finishes. You latest project looks a fun stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two big finishes - great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both of your finishes! Great work in progress. I just finished mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Lynn :) fruit of the spirit and your SP piece.... Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhhh, Fruit of the Spirit is done. Congratulations! After seeing all your progress pictures of this project I finally pulled out my own chart and kitted it up so that I can start on it one of the next days.
    It's always nice to have some WIPs lying around somewhere so that we can pick them up when we still don't know what kind of new start we will choose, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All great pieces.
    I think my fav is Fruit of the Spirit,that turned out so pretty!
    Can't wait to see your portion of the Torah. This will be exciting to watch your progress.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your finishes! I love the first design most, it's so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful finishes!

    The Torah project sounds interesting. I'm going to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two wonderful finishes Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely finishes on both, Lynn! I'll be curious to see how your Torah project goes--enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the two wonderful finishes - I'm in awe! Will look forward to seeing the plant progress too, that's a lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both are fabulous Lynn! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lynn - I found your blog because I received your gorgeous postcard for the Summer Hop( http://aimetu-clare.blogspot.co.uk/)

    Your stitching is beautiful, I really like your Fruits of the Spirit - congratulations on a great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What wonderful finishes and I like the look of your Halloween piece too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. 2 very beautiful finishes and a lovely new start.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both finishes are beautiful, but the process - so cute!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete

Labels