|Plum Street Samplers Fruit of the Spirit|
After four months, Fruit of the Spirit is completely finished. It took me far longer than I expected which I think had a lot to do with stitching on the 36ct fabric. My eyes would tire easily and I put the piece down more frequently than I usually do. I also needed good light for this one, particularly for the over one stitching, so I couldn't just stitch on it anywhere. The picture really doesn't do it justice. The colours are so much more vibrant in real life.
My second finish occured a little earlier in the month with the completion of Weeds Make Haste.
|Shakespeare's Peddler Weeds Make Haste|
This one is off getting stretched right now for framing later in the fall. I get a discount the more pieces I bring in at once so my friend and I are going to combine all our recent finishes in the fall and have them framed then.
I have also finished stitching my ornament for my monthly SAL but I can't post a picture until the chosen date at the end of the month.
Not knowing quite what to get started on next, I picked up my Halloween stitch from last fall and spent a little time with it. It's called A Wicked Plant and is designed by Barbara Ana.
Here's a progress pic.
I have received my kit for my Torah project, titled Torah Stitch by Stitch. For more information on this project follow the highlighted link. The project is open to stitchers of all religious denominations and from all countries. We have 140 stitchers signed on for the project and a total of 1463 are needed. I will be getting started on my verses of stitching next week.
Today I plan on rooting through my stash and deciding on my next ornament and design to stitch. We'll be leaving for the cottage in mid August and I want to have everything organized before I leave.
My next WIPocalypse should have some progress photos from these new ventures. Until then, enjoy your summer!