Wednesday 31 July 2013

July Ornament SAL

I had a Christmas ornament in mind for this month's ornie but while I was hunting for the chart in my stash I came upon this. It was screaming, "You have to stitch me, you have to stitch me!". I agreed, it was perfect.



This is a Bent Creek design and it called for all three birds to be stitched in the same blue. I dug the colour from my floss and wasn't happy with it so instead I chose three different blues from my stash.... one Dinky Dyes and two Carrie's Creations floss. I'm really happy with how they've turned out. Each bird is unique!

The hunt is on for the perfect finishing fabric and as of this morning I started stitching that Christmas ornament I originally planned. I just know that August is going to fly by with all of our plans this month.

If you'd like to join in the fun, just click on the 2013 Ornament SAL icon on my sidebar and it will take you to Heather's site where you can find all the info. 

22 comments:

  1. What a cute little finish! These little birdies are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn!

    I love your Barbara Ana. There are so many of her patterns on my wish list. I really like your choice of fabric.

    Take care and hope to see you soon!
    Lianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable pattern.
    Simply love the colors
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute design! You did a great job with the 3 different blues. Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful! Love the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this piece. Such a happy design and happy blue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, that is really sweet. I love your touch too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute! Good idea to stitch all the birds different blues.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soo sweet:) Love how you changed up the colors on the birds - pretty blues. love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those turned out so cute.
    They look good in different colors.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Distracted by your stash, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww! It's so cute! I love the blues you picked out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I understand the screaming to be stitched! And, a Bent Creek - AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the trio of blue birdies, Lynn--that was a great idea to use three different colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those "blue" birds are just too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's the fun of browsing through your stash - you always find something that you want to stitch immediately. Great choice, the little birdies. And the different blues are just perfect for them. I just love the one with the long neck who is singing with joy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those little birds are so cute! Love the different blues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That ornament is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute finish, I love this! I think I'm going to have to take a look at the Bent Creek designs... although I really don't need any more stash at all!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Charming singing birds!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete

Labels