Tuesday 23 July 2013

Almost Done!



I'm getting there! Slowly but surely, Fruit of the Spirit is nearing a finish. I really haven't had much time to work on this lately what with a road trip to my family's home and visits from my son and family. However I snuck in a few hours here and there. The one thing I noticed after taking this pic is that the walkway from the middle house isn't very visible. I think I'll frog it out and replace it with a darker colour. 

I'm now in the process of deciding on my next start. That's besides the Torah stitch. My kit for the Torah arrived shortly after I returned from my visit to Windsor. It looks pretty straightforward.... black lettering on white Aida. I can add a border when I'm finished but I'm limited to only three or four colours. 

Summer is well on its way as my next post will illustrate. It's going to be picture intensive and no stitching pics so be forewarned! I should have it up later in the day so I'll see you soon.

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching! This is a lovely design :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fruit of the Spirit is looking great!! Can't wait to see your summer pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking good, very nice design , sunny kisses from Rio, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it interesting that the camera picks up what your eye doesn't see? Can't you just backstitch the walks to make them show up better? Ripping is such a pain. I love this piece though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, Lynn, it's the final stretch on this. And I'm already so curious to see what you come up with as your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I sense a finish is coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous Lynn! Those colours are so vibrant and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful piece. Another thought for the walkway - how about the next deeper shade, just one strand, stitched over the top arm of each x? Might be enough and would certainly be less work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet piece ~ love CalamityJr's idea ~ I was thinking that myself, as I have done that on a piece before!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful sampler. I can't wait to see you start stitching your newest project:) love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is looking wonderful! So close :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful design Lynn!
    love those trees and how they softly curl around the sides. going straight into my Wishlist! :)
    enjoy the summer and happy xxx,
    chiara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great progress Lynn :) It's almost finished and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely sampler, colours are so cosy!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful stitching !! I love this design.

    ReplyDelete

Labels