Friday 1 July 2011

Canada Day Orts


HAPPY CANADA DAY  to all my Canadian blogging friends! I don't know about elsewhere in the country but the weather here is just perfect for Canada Day celebrations. The skies should be just as great as those in the picture above taken at the Parliament buildings in Ottawa.
We've decided to forego all the celebrations in the city and spend a day catching up with some friends. We're hosting a dinner at our home and I made a special dessert for the occasion. In keeping with our patriotic colours, I've made my first white chocolate berry pie but I have a feeling it won't be my last! 



We spent yesterday getting the house spruced up for our guests and there wasn't a lot of stitching going on so no new stitchy photos. However I do have a lot more orts to show for this TUSAL post. That's right, it's the new moon once more!  Look at all those bright colours! Lots of gold from the wedding sampler and that lovely red from my Canada Day stitch. The final stitches on Spring Quaker make up the remainder of all that colour.




Not much else to report for now although I'm sure to have more stitching progress after the holiday weekend. Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by and comment and especially for all the lovely comments on my Spring Quaker and O Canada finishes . I hope you all have a wonderful weekend .

8 comments:

  1. Happy Canada Day to you, Lynn. Lovely TUSAL, and boy does your dessert look good! Yummy!! Do let us know how it was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Canada Day to you also Lynn, I hope you have a wonderful visit with your friends and that the patriotic desert is a hit.
    Be always in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Canada Day! Your pie looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet that yummy looking pie was gobbled up in no time, Lynn! Hope you had a wonderful Canada Day celebration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a fantastic time celebrating Canada Day. That pie looks so good, I bet it went in no time. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a wonderful Canada celebration!! That pie looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm... I hope you make us that pie sometime!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had a wonderful Canada Day! The pie looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete

Labels