Sunday 26 May 2019

May WIPocalypse

With the renovating taking place here this month I've stuck to only the one project. I can't find any of my other supplies, lol! Everything is spread all over the place. However I'm finding this month's stitch very relaxing. 


This is The Scarlett House Mary Ann Farmer 1834. I'm stitching this on a Silkwearver Solo 36 ct linen with the suggested NPI silk floss. I had a conversion all set to go using my Vicky Clayton Hand Dyed Fibers but I forgot that I had the premium silk and it's thicker, the equivalent of two strands of regular silk. It was too thick for the 36 ct linen so I ended up ordering the necessary silks I was missing.

I'm actually a lot further along than this picture indicates. I have the whole top border done and I've several other motifs completed. I'll post an updated photo later this week. I just don't want to take the piece off of the Q snaps right now to photograph it. 

Our hardwood floor installation was to take place this past Wednesday however it was delayed because they had to hire another installer. It's now scheduled for this coming Friday, May 31st so we have spent a bit more time than expected living in the mess that it all entails. My hubby's clothes are currently in his dresser in the garage while some of mine are down in the rec room.  My stitching supplies are scattered between the rec room, the dining room and our closet. It was just easier to stick with the one project rather than trying to dig through everything to find my project bags. The Rosewood Manor Summer Quaker will get some attention next month. Until then I'll be back later this week with an updated pic of Mary Ann Farmer. See you then!

5 comments:

  1. Pretty design so far.
    I hope your renovations go smoothly & you can find your stitching stash soon!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely design. Hope you're not in a mess too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sampler stitch is looking good, Lynn. Hope the floors get installed on the 31st.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty piece. I hope the floor installation goes smoothly later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching! Having lived through several small renovations, I know what kind of mess and disorganization that can cause! I hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Labels