Tuesday 30 April 2019

April WIPocalypse

April showers bring May flowers......well I haven't seen any flowers yet but we sure have seen enough showers to last a lifetime! We've waited so long for spring and it sure has been a long time coming. All those rainy days I spent putting in several hours of stitching time with this beauty, Blackbird Designs Moonlight Visitor.


I stitched this in thanksgiving for my niece and I didn't plan it but I managed to put the final stitches in on her birthday. I'm hoping to stitch a piece either in memory or in thanksgiving for every member of my family. These are for my own collection, not gifts, and so far I've finished a piece for my niece, and three pieces in memory of my father, my aunt and my maternal grandparents. I'm in no hurry with this plan and when I see a suitable design for someone I'll work on it.

I also started Rosewood Manor Summer Quakers on the first of the month. I'm also in no hurry for this piece and pick it up whenever I feel it calling. Several years back I stitched Spring Quakers by the same designer and vowed that I would stitch another of the seasonal quakers at some point in time. Now is that time. I'm stitching this on the same count fabric,28ct, so that they can be displayed together. I'm enjoying this but I'm no longer used to stitching with the 3 ply Valdani. I've been stitching so much with one strand that I find this so thick!


My second start for this month is The Scarlett House Mary Ann Farmer 1834. I don't have enough done for a progress pic as I only started it this morning. I'm using a lovely 36 ct Silkweaver Solo piece of linen. I had to wait several weeks for the silks to arrive that I was missing so it didn't get started quite as soon as I'd hoped which is why Summer Quaker was substituted in the meantime.

Just these two projects will keep me busy for some time and bring a little taste of that summer so long awaited. Happy stitching!


5 comments:

  1. Your BBD finish is really beautiful. You also have a beautiful start on summer quaker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, what a beautiful piece you stitch in thanksgiving of your niece! You are off to a good start on the Summer Quaker stitch. Look forward to seeing the Scarlett House piece soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moonlight is so pretty.
    The Quakers are so pretty & colorful, and another great Sampler you have started.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn: The Blackbird design is beautiful, the other design is lovely, I am not one to use three strands of Valdani, it does not work well for me, I do love the feel and look of Valdani threads.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Moonlight Visitor is beautiful!
    I love the colours in the Summer Quaker, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Labels