Saturday 27 April 2019

April Smalls

I had hoped to be spending time outdoors by now stitching in our gazebo. Mother Nature it seems has different ideas though. Spring has arrived (at least our snow has gone!) but cold temperatures and lots of rain have resulted in more time indoors than I had planned. 
You would think that would lead to more stitching but that hasn't been the case this month. I managed to squeeze in this small Easter finish just in time for the actual day.


This little finish is from the chart by Kathy Barrick called Bowlful of Bunnies. I had thoughts that it would be finished into a little tabletop pillow in time for Easter celebrations but things didn't turn out that way. However I did manage to finish off one of the small stitches languishing in my finish pile into a pillow. 


I've shared this stitched finish here before but this is Country Rustic Primitives He Is Risen. I love the simplicity of the piece and I finished off the back of it with a simple grey wool. 

I'm not sure just how much stitching I'll be getting done over the next several weeks. We are in the process of emptying all our bedrooms of furniture and removing the existing carpets in preparation for the installation of hardwood floors. Some painting of the rooms will also be taking place. Consequently the remainder of the house is a mess since all the furniture from the bedrooms has to be stored somewhere and that somewhere is in the rec room,  upstairs living area and in the garage. To save money we are moving the furniture ourselves as well as removing the carpeting. A bad back prevents me from doing as much as I'd like so I have to rely on my husband and what free time he has left at the end of the day's work. Somewhere in all this prep work we also have to find time to clean out the gardens and open the gazebo for the summer. Help, lol!!
It will all be worth it in the long run but I can't promise an entry for next month's small. I look forward though to checking in on all of you to see what you've been up to!  

10 comments:

  1. What a sweet bunny stitch! Your "He is Risen" piece is stunning with its simple elegance. Best wishes to you as you go about the home improvements! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Easter finishes! Good luck with your home renovations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute stitches.
    Good luck with your renovations.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn: We removed the carpeting ourselves it is a task I never want to do again.
    We did do our own wood floors which turned out wonderful, it was way too expensive to have someone else do it, I hate painting.
    He Is Risen is a beautiful pillow.
    Love the little bunny finish.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty finishes.
    I hope your renovations go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your Easter smalls are pretty! Good luck with your home projects, I hope it all goes well! Don't worry about next month, you've got a Big project so no time for Smalls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stitching. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty stitched designs Lynn. Don´t envy your house renovations, what a terrific amount of work but the floors will look lovely when done. Take it easy on the carpet removing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bunny stitch is cute and He is Risen is, of course, perfect for Easter.
    Good luck with all that moving, be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both your pieces are so sweet. I love the bunnies! Good luck with your home project I hope that is going well! Thanks for joining the SAL!

    ReplyDelete

Labels