Sunday 31 March 2019

March WIPocalypse

March was an extremely productive month for my stitching. Miserable weather meant we didn't venture out much and my stitching was often in my hand. I managed to complete two designs, one I showed you last post and a surprise finish.

First up is Blackbird Designs February Hearts. As much as I loved this design when I first saw it, it certainly proved to be a challenge with the differences in the floss dye lots. I kept going though and did finish it. I can't say I'm 100% happy with the results but it's not all bad. Unfortunately this wasn't the best lighting in this pic.



I stitched this on 28 ct Lakeside Linen Mocha using Gentle Art floss. It had been quite a while since I'd stitched a large piece on 28 ct and it didn't stitch up quite as quickly as I'd hoped. That basket proved to be a challenge as I could easily lose my spot on the chart.

When I finished this one I had no idea what I wanted to work on next. I spent several days looking through charts and rejected each one for one reason or another. I knew I would be placing an order for some of the new releases at the upcoming Needlework Market but it would be several weeks before I had those in hand. 

While I was cleaning out the closet in my craft room I found a bag. When I opened it I knew what I was doing next. I found a WIP which has been around for several years. In fact I picked it up again last year and posted some pics here if I remember. Once again it never got finished and was hidden away in the bag. I decided that this year was THE YEAR! Believe it or not I was entering my eighth year of working on this project. The design in question..... Paradis Perdu by A Mon Ami Pierre.  Within a couple more weeks I had finally finished it!!







This piece was started on 7 Jan 2012 and finished 20 Mar 2019, a little more than seven years from the time I started it. It is stitched on 28 ct Queen Anne's Lace using Vicky Clayton Hand Dyed silks. It's just one of those pieces that kept getting put aside in favour of something else.  I am so happy that it is finally complete!

My market purchases arrived this week and I'm browsing through them this weekend to see which design I'd like to start next. So many choices! 

4 comments:

  1. Paradis Perdu is beautiful.
    Congrats on your finish.
    Can't wait to see what your Market pics are!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful finishes. Looking forward to seeing what you chose from Market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn: I love them both, I have to say I am in love with the Adam and Eve Sampler.
    Congratulations on the finish's.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful finish, I bet you are really pleased to see Paradis Perdu finished.

    ReplyDelete

Labels