Friday 28 April 2017

April Smalls

There's been much more stitching than usual over the last month. It must be all those rainy, miserable days that did it! Who feels like doing anything except stitching on days like that? I managed to finish two smalls, another slightly larger piece and I got started on a new project. In addition, I did some final finishing on some pieces which was long overdue.

I'll show you my new start as well as the larger finished piece on my next post for WIPocalypse. One of my small finishes is for an exchange gift at the Prim Stitchers Society retreat in Columbus, Ohio which I will be attending later next week. I don't want to spoil the surprise so I'll show you that next month after retreat is finished.
My other small finish is for a friend's birthday. I haven't given it to her yet but she doesn't follow my blog so it's safe to post it. Here is J'Aime Les Boutons (I Love Buttons), designed by Danybrod.



As you can see, I added bone buttons along with some others from my collection as well as some lovely lace which I found in an antique shop last summer. This pillow is larger than it looks. I stuffed it with wood shavings and crushed walnut shell. I hope she likes it!

The remaining pillows are ones that you have probably already seen the stitched pieces on my blog over the past year and now I finally got around to finishing them up.



The next one is filled with dried lavender and it smells sooooo good!









This year Canada celebrates its 150th birthday. In celebration of this, Jeannette Douglas has released a series of Canadian Patriotic Snippets. 
There are 12 charts in the series and 2 are being released every other month throughout the year. I have the first  4 charts and hope to get started on them in the coming month. They can be stitched as individual pieces or as one in a framed piece. I'm looking forward to adding a few of these to my display bowls.
 Enjoy your weekend everyone!

12 comments:

  1. I love all of your finishes. You have added such pretty personalized and special touches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn: Lovely finish's, the coordinating fabrics are perfect, totally love the Blackbird Design, it is one of my favorite designs of theirs.
    Le'Bouton's is a very pretty pillow, love the buttons.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful Finishes. Great finishing month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many finishes, all beautiful! Love the button-pillow.
    /Anna-Carin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing but rain here in WI also. :(
    Your April finishes are all so pretty.
    I'm sure your friend will love the pillow.
    The Canadian Patriots are nice, would make a great collection.
    Have fun at the retreat!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stitching, and beautiful finishing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet stitching and finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stitching and finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful finishes/smalls--I stitched the Blackbird one a few years ago--it is one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely collection of little pillows.

    ReplyDelete

Labels