Monday 1 May 2017

April WIPocalypse

A rainy, cool April resulted in a lot stitching here. I love Blackbird Designs and it seems I have a number of them on my list of must stitches for this year. The latest finish is one of their new designs from market and is called It's Spring Fever.

  
I love all of the blues and browns in this piece. It was a fun, quick stitch and as soon as it was finished I went to work on another of their designs. This one is from the August 2003 issue of Just Cross Stitch and is called Summer Jubilee. I'm Canadian but my sister lives in the U.S. and I thought she might like it for a housewarming gift in her new condo.


I'm stitching this on R&R 18th Century Blackbird linen with one strand and I'm enjoying it very much. Love the collection of colours chosen in this one.  
I have another Blackbird Design all kitted up and ready to go after this one which is also a new release called Winter is Past.

I also finally finished up Paper Snowflakes just as winter left us and spring arrived. This is a design by Brenda Gervais of With Thy Needle & Thread. Love the border on this one!







As promised, spring has arrived along with the rain to grow those May flowers. It was time to add a bit of spring decor to the house.



This candle and potpourri arrangement, along with the thread waxers that follow are from the talented hands of Misi at Gable House Goodes. The potpourri is her own scent called Tulips, the candle is a spiced Chai and the little bee skep candle smells of honeysuckle!
Here are a couple of the lovely thread waxers that she made.


That's about it for this month. Hopefully May will be just as productive. After all, outdoor gazebo stitching has arrived! 

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous stitching Lynn, I'm almost done on Its Spring Fever too and have thoroughly enjoyed every stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Blackbird designs too, I have their Beatle songs charts that I really want to stitch. Can't wait to see more progress on your designs. The candles and waxed threads look neat too, would love to put stuff like that out, but Ms. Kitty would have it on the floor the first night she was left alone with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your latest Blackbird Designs finish, I'd like to stitch that one too and am hoping the rest of the series use the same colours. Please can you tell me the name of the designer for the little cushion which has a beehive on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to sit in the Gazebo and stitch. :)
    Great projects, love Paper Snowflakes.
    Winter Is Past is in my "to do" pile. ;)
    Have fun!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching. I love all of your projects. That "Spring Fever" has caught my eye every time it pops up somewhere online. And now, seeing yours, I think I may have to add it to my wish list!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely post filled with delights

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gazebo stitching sounds like a treat. Love your finish on the Spring Fever, great colors for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Wonderful Spring Display. I love the Snow woman in your Brenda Gervais design. So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful stitching. Love the colours on Spring Fever. I only have one BD booklet but this Spring Fever does make me think it might be a possibility in the future. Great Spring displays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been desperately searching for that blackbird designs summer jubilee bbn pattern. Would you be interested in selling it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been desperately searching for that blackbird designs summer jubilee bbn pattern. Would you be interested in selling it?

    ReplyDelete

Labels