Friday 22 June 2007

Thanks for the Welcome



Thank you so much for the very warm welcome I received from all of you who dropped by my blog! I'm really enjoying meeting others out there who are as addicted to stitching as I am. I hope to meet many more of you in the weeks and months to come.


In response to a few questions, yes Brotherly Love is a Britty Kitty pattern. It's my first although I do have a few others in my stash. And speaking of stash, yes Vonna, I'm approaching S.A.B.L.E. but always looking for help in increasing it!

Also thanks for many of the nice comments I received concerning my cat, Finnigan. He's really being a pain today though. He's strictly an indoor cat but once we'd finished the gazebo we took him outside with us to sit in it. He loved it! Now every time I head anywhere near the vicinity of the door he thinks I'm going outside. When he discovers I'm not, he sits and cries by the door and he won't let up! I've posted a picture of the gazebo and one of Finnigan outside on the deck.





I'm going to spend a bit of time stitching today on the Easter Fairy. Hopefully I'll be able to post a picture of my progress in the next day or so. Bob and I are busy cleaning house today. Bob is a church musician, that is, he is an organist as well as a choir director. He does this full time so in order to make any kind of a living out of it he has to have more than one job. At present he is organist at two churches in Ottawa(one Sunday morning and one on Saturday night), has two handbell choirs close to home and directs two community choirs. At the end of the choir season we always host a potluck get together at our home. This Sunday afternoon his Bytown Voices choir from Ottawa are coming out to our place. I'm working until 3 so I should arrive home right about the time they all start to arrive. It's calling for rain on Sunday here so we might end up with 30 or so people indoors. Consequently we are doing a cleanup today. Bob figures we need to have all these people out once in a while since we never seem to get any cleaning done otherwise! We're never home!!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cat !! and I have Gazebo envy !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging Lyn, I love your gazebo and Finnigan is gorgeous.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Labels