Monday 1 July 2019

June WIPocalypse

I spent the better part of June getting immersed into something that I haven't done for awhile....reading a book! Consequently my stitching suffered somewhat but I'd temporarily lost my mojo so I didn't mind. After completing 3 novels I'm now back on track and my stitching has resumed. 

Mary Ann Farmer has progressed a little farther than I expected from last month. Here's my progress up until now.



It's coming along, slowly but surely. I don't feel much like starting or working on anything else at the moment although the Autumn Quaker I started in May is calling to me on occasion. For now I'll continue with this as I search for another small to stitch for July.

Our hardwood floors are almost complete. We had wanted to do all three bedrooms, using our income tax refund. Well Canada Revenue had other ideas and our refund wasn't quite as large as I was expecting. So the decision was made to only do the two largest bedrooms. In the meantime I did a little digging and checked things out only to discover that Canada Revenue had made an error. Turns out that they forgot to include the income tax that my hubby had paid on his self employment income. When that was corrected we were owed a considerable amount. So bedroom number 3 will be done albeit a little later than the others. Here are some pics of the finished rooms. We managed to find the same hardwood as used in the main living areas which had been installed ten years ago!




Here's a pic of the original flooring installed 10 years ago.



 It's all the same flooring. It just appears a different colour at times due to the lighting in the rooms. We are thrilled with the results and look forward to completing the final room.

I wanted to share this little sewing kit that my son Jeff picked up for me at a local flea market.




I thought it was darling! He also gifted me with an oval antique frame with the bubble glass. It currently houses the picture that it came with. Someday I hope it frames a piece of my stitching!



Finally I'll leave you with a picture of my recent framed piece that I picked up. I think I finished the stitching on it about 18 months ago.
This is Stacy Nash Tribute to Summer.



Today is our Canada Day holiday and we're off to a BBQ with some of the neighbours later this afternoon. Should be fun! I've offered holiday greetings in an earlier post to my Canadian friends but I'd like to take the time to offer wishes for a Happy Fourth of July to my American family and friends. Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Your framed piece looks fabulous, Lynn. Great molding choice! Mary Ann Farmer is looking awesome. Your wood floors are lovely. Enjoy your barbecue today and Happy Canada Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hella, very long ago I wrote.
    Your wooden floor looks amazing. It took me a time to get me a wooden floor in my house.
    Hope you are fine,
    greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Ann is looking great.
    The floors are beautiful, how lucky they still had the same flooring.
    Clarisse looks like she approves. :)
    A cute, thoughtful gift from your son, and the frame is gorgeous.
    The picture in it looks like a Dimensions design even though it's artwork.
    Tribute to Summer is so pretty!
    Hope you had a fun BBQ!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Tribute To Summer is very beautiful. I am happy you were able to get a correction to your refund. I hope you had a fun Canada Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Ann looks super, as does your new flooring. Time disappears if you find a good book doesn't it .... a bit like blog reading Haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your floors are lovely. Tribute to Summer is beautiful. Love the WIP that you are progressing nicely on and the sweet little tin too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful progress on Mary Ann Farmer, so delicate looking.
    The floors look fantastic and I love your model!
    Your son did good, what great finds for you.

    ReplyDelete

Labels