Saturday 27 July 2019

July Smalls

Just one quick little Small finish to post for this month. This will be a Christmas ornament for a friend whose moving to Hawaii! Shhh! It's a surprise! This is the Aloha Tree by Nouveau Encore Designs.



This is stitched on a 32ct Silkweaver Solo opalescent Lugana using Silk 'N Color Turquoise Fields.

I took this finish along with the name tree from last month's finish and got everything ready to do my final finishing yesterday. I was annoyed as heck when I discovered that I had misplaced my sheet of mat board to use in the ornament finishing. It was residing with all my other craft materials, that is, until we emptied the room for the new hardwood floor. The craft room was the third and final bedroom to have new floors installed and since everything has been placed back in the room the mat board has gone missing in action. I had just purchased it recently and it was a fairly large piece too so it can't hide just anywhere. I have one last place to look and if it's not found then it looks like I will be making a trip to Michael's tomorrow. I want these ornaments finished before I go on holidays in August. Of course you know I'll find that mat board after I've bought a new one, lol! See you next month with a pic of both finishes and a new small as well.

P.S. Someone has taken over my stitching chair in the gazebo!!!






8 comments:

  1. Oh that's so cute and perfect for Hawaii! I love the cool colors too! Thanks for joining the SAL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Clarisse hid the mat board so she could take over your stitching chair. Your Aloha tree looks fabulous; love the thread and fabric combination, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Aloha tree is lovely.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha is so pretty.
    That's the way it goes, you search & search, and as soon as you buy a new item, the other shows up.
    I think that chair is Princess Clarisse's chair now. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Aloha Tree is stunning. Beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tree is so pretty and so is the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The aloha tree is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you found the mat board to finish your beautiful aloha tree!
    Well they are known for taking the best seat!

    ReplyDelete

Labels