Sunday 26 March 2017

March WIPocalypse

It seems I got a lot more done this past month than I was expecting especially since it was a short month. 
I had a new start in February. It was originally released as a Valentine design last year but I didn't get around to it until this year however I think that once it is framed I will keep it up all year round. Here is Threadwork Primitives Wandering Heart.


This is stitched on 32ct Cherry Pit Brown linen by Dames of the Needle and it gives a lovely rosy glow to the whole piece. I thoroughly enjoyed stitching this and look forward to seeing it framed up. I started this on Valentine Day and it took me a month to complete the design.

I needed a break from Paper Snowflakes but once Wandering Heart was complete I dug it out once more and I'm enjoying it once again. Sometimes you just need a break from a piece for a short time and then you come back to it focused once again.
As you can see from the pic, I'm nearing the finish line on this one!


I'm hoping to have this completed by the month's end. I have a couple of new Blackbird Designs ready and waiting for some attention. 
Later in the week I will post again with a pic of my Smalls SAL finish for this month. It's for my granddaughter. Shhhh, it's a surprise!

Spring may arrived according to the calendar but winter is trying to hold on to it's coat tails. Yesterday and today we woke to snowfall although it has stopped now.  Here are a few of the spring visitors to our feeder over the past 2 days.

Slate-Colored Junco

Purple Finch

Here's Mr. Finch again


Mr and Mrs Dove


 Mr Cardinal, peeking out

There have been numerous chickadees dropping by but they don't sit long enough for a picture. During yesterday's snow I hear a familiar call from the neighbour's yard and spotted these Bohemian Waxwings huddled together. There must have been 20 of them in the tree. I'm sorry about the quality of the pics. It was just too great a distance to get a clear photo.



Our neighbour beside us took down their giant pine tree this past November. It was home to a large number of birds and I was afraid that would put an end to the visitors at our feeder but as you can see from the photos our feathered friends still like to drop by for a meal.
See you soon!

9 comments:

  1. Both great projects, and so pretty.
    All of the birds are beautiful.
    We have a lot of Robins here, but it's been so old for them.
    We also had 12" of snow last Monday!
    The most we've had all Winter.
    Now it's been raining for 3 days. :(
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your stitching is just beautiful. I jut LOVE the border on Paper Snowflakes.

    I so enjoy seeing pictures of others bird visitors. I seldom see Juncos or Waxwings here, so seldom I couldn't even tell you if we ever get the same varieties. We had to remove a small tree last summer. I really miss it as Hummingbirds always sat in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wandering Heart is really neat. Paper Snowflakes is so cute! Love all the bird photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn, congratulations on your Threadwork Primitives finish! You are almost finished with the With Thy Needle and Thread piece. I really like the deer in this one. Thanks for sharing your bird photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn, I love Wandering Heart - I think it will make it onto my wish list! The Cherry Pit Brown fabby really shows off well and compliments the floss!!! Interested to see which BBDs you have planned to give some attention... My feeder has been busy too, another 50lb bag of feed came home on Saturday to keep up with all my feathered friends, the racoon and a bunny.. Take care! Hope to see you soon! Lianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful finishes--the cherry pit fabric is new to me and may have to add to my stash. Feed the birds and they will come

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynn: It is so nice to see your progress on Paper Snowflakes, it is a lovely design.
    Wandering Heart is a beautiful design.
    Totally love the bird photos, it is warm here for Minnesota, no snow, so sorry you are hanging onto winter.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely birds you have captured with the camera.
    Pretty stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful stitching. Wandering Heart is a beautiful design.

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Labels