Thursday 28 January 2016

A new year of small stitches

I've lost track now of how many years I have participated in the Smalls SAL but I believe this is my third year. It has done wonders in encouraging me to stitch all those small projects I kept meaning to get done but which always got put to the side. 

Following all of my Autumn and Christmas finishes I have been looking forward to starting off the new year with a change and hopefully a leaning towards spring.
My first small finish for this year is Country Rustic Primitives Grow Old With Me designed by Jenny Hoffman.


I love Jenny's sweet little stitches and they make such lovely pinkeeps. The finishing on this one is not complete but I am hoping to incorporate some sort of lace into the finish. I have a few more Valentine smalls that I want to finish up in the next week or so. Then I'll do the finishing on all of them at the same time. Jenny's sister, Shelly Auen, is also a designer and I've just started one of her Valentine smalls as a companion to this one. They will make a lovely addition to my bowl of smalls and I hope to have a pic of the latest one soon.

Here's some of my Valentine smalls that I have out on display.



The two at the back are designed by my friend Nan Lewis of Threadwork Primitives




 The above two are also designs of Jenny Hoffman which I stitched last year for the Smalls SAL.
The two below were designed, finished and gifted to me by my friend Theresa Meloon of Dulaney Woods Treasures who produces some awesome primitive finishes. 



 I hope all those of you who were impacted by the recent blizzard have managed to dig yourself out and weathered the storm without any damage of sorts. This one managed to bypass us and to date we have had only one significant snowfall which I think is a record on its own for our area. Happy stitching and I'll see you next month!

21 comments:

  1. All of your Valentine stitching is so pretty.
    The hearts by Theresa are unique, so pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Valentine bowl looks beautiful, such a pretty finish this new one is too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finishes!!!! I really like Nan's designs and your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Valentine stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sweet little Valentine pillows. They look so good sitting all together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Valentine display is so sweet. I must say I really, really like Theresa's gift to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful pieces and lovely stitching. I'd better get my needles humming for Valentine's day!
    hugs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linkin, you are already prepared for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet smalls, it's a great sal to get those little things done :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new blog header and I really love your Valentine bowl of small. Very nice stitching on Grow Old with Me! Thank you for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Valentines bowl looks gorgeous. The Grow Old With Me piece is lovely, I'm looking forward to seeing how you finish it off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely basket of Love! I stitched the Threadworks one a few years ago for a blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lynn: What a beautiful post your SAL is adorable, and your hearts are so pretty.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Valentine bowl is filled with so many wonderful little pillows and hearts, it's such a pleasure to look at them. Your latest Valentine stitching by Jenny Hoffman will look great together with the already finished pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Smalls SAL finish is beautiful and all hearts are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lynn, your smalls are so cute! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your finish -- great words of wisdom. Your little pillows are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all your Valentines smalls. I'm really beginning to think that that needs to be my theme for next year.

    I especially love your finish for this month. That is the quote my husband and I put on our wedding announcements, and I gave him an engraved wallet card with the same quote for our 10th anniversary.

    Thank you for joining the Smalls SAL again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful work Lynn! Amazing hearts - great for Valentines!

    ReplyDelete

Labels