Thursday 25 April 2013

The Quilt of Belonging


As promised, here is my second post of the day with more pictures of The Quilt of Belonging which I visited last Friday.

For Evalina Maria, here is the block from Poland.





For Tatyana here is Russia's block.




More blocks from the First Nations:


Lakota



Métis



Carrier

From the Orient:


China





Japan


Other blocks of interest:


Germany




Syria



Iraq



Zimbabwe



New Zealand


Hungary



Uzbekistan


I still have many more photos and will post some of the other blocks next post if you aren't growing tired of them. The textiles used and the colours are just stunning. Enjoy!!

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing more beautiful blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks are stunning--so much work and skill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing more pictures. The quilt is so lovely and it deserves to be seen by more people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a stunning piece, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt! I wish I could see it up close. I love each individual square. The Russian one is right on the mark!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic quilt, and every detail is so beautiful and elegant!
    Thank you for sharing more block with us!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been away from blog reading for quite a while but have been catching up since yesterday. I've just read your first post about this amazing quilt. What a fantastic idea to assemble such a wonderful quilt. And now I've even seen the block of my country, Germany. I particularly love the blocks of the First Nations peoples, so interesting to see thiese bits and pieces of their culture. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot to say how much I love your header. Cardinals are wonderful birds but unfortunately they don't exist here.

    ReplyDelete

Labels