Wednesday, 27 March 2013

March Ornaments

I really needed a taste of spring around here after all the snow we received during the month so my ornament for this month was completed fairly early on. I chose this one for its pretty spring colours. Stitching it was like a breath of fresh air.



I ended up finishing it as a small pillow to display in my dough bowl with my other spring/Easter finishes.




This one stitched up so quickly that I moved on to another PS design. This is from the Cheep minicard.



This sweet chick is really quite small and I plan on finishing it up as a felt ornament. 
I've got a taste of Spring fever so next month's ornie could be another spring addition. I've got a thing for tulips so maybe I can find something with them in it. Hello sun, let's melt away all that snow!!

19 comments:

Silverlotus said...

Those are two lovely little pieces. And, goodness, do we ever need some spring around here. We might get _more_ snow today and tomorrow! But seeing your stitching helped me remember that warmer weather is coming... maybe. ;)

CalamityJr said...

What lovely visual thoughts of spring! Have you found The Snowflower Diaries yet? This new blogger/designer shared a new design every day for a week to introduce herself to us, and there are two sweet spring patterns in there with tulips! Fun design plus freebies - what more could you ask?

http://thesnowflowerdiaries.blogspot.com/

Chris said...

Such lovely spring pieces. I love these PS designs.

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Very cute finishes. Keep thinking spring! CJ in OK

Giovanna said...

Very cute ornaments - love the little chick in particular :-)

Loretta said...

Lovely ornaments!!!!

Bonnie Brown said...

Very Cute Ornament!

Mary said...

Such sweet finishes! They do feel like spring, even if the weather doesn't.

EvalinaMaria said...

So sweet!

Melinda said...

the colors are beautiful - it makes a great little pillow

wilma b said...

Perfect finish for spring!

Lynn Bourke said...

Lovely finishes!

Angela P said...

Love your ornament finishes, in fact I love them so much I printed both of them out last night in hopes that I might be able to stitch something small :)

Hurry along Spring, I've had enough of Winter!

Virpi said...

Both of your ornaments looks really pretty - lovely colours.

Daffycat said...

Oh my, Lynn...the spring pillow turned out perfect! I really like the yellow fabric you chose to go with it - wonderful!

Anna van Schurman said...

Lovely. We do all need a taste of spring, I think.

Bekca said...

Hear hear to lots of sunshine! Lovely ornaments Lynn, I look forward to seeing what you'll be stitching next :)
Best wishes.

Catherine said...

Very sweet!

Shelly said...

Cute ornaments! 'S' looks great as a pillow!

Labels