Tuesday 3 May 2011

Scanty orts




I know I didn't stitch a heck of a lot this past month but wow, is that all there is?! I expect it's because I am very frugal when it comes to the Valdani floss used on SQ. It's pricey and I don't want to have to order more so I'm being very careful with it and leaving very small orts. Lots of reds and greens in that jar from Sweet Little Berries as well. Since these all resulted from spring stitches, I thought it only fitting to photograph them with my little spring chick. Sorry the pic isn't all that great. I've only just returned from work and there is next to nothing in the way of good lighting left. So much for my Tuesday night stitch too. Ladies, if you're checking in at all, I had full intentions on coming but work is getting the best of me right to the bitter end!




I neglected on my last post to mention how much I've appreciated all your sweet comments on Spring Quakers as well as the many visits to my blog. I just haven't had enough time lately to reply to each one of you but that doesn't mean I've forgotten you. I continue to enjoy all of your comments and hope to have the time to check in with you soon as well as catch up on my blogging.





Something else I forgot to mention was the wonderful gift I received from Tatyana this past week. Recently she posted pictures of all the fantastic beaded fobs she'd been creating. She just couldn't seem to stop and wondered what to do with all that she was accumulating. I suggested she sell them and I'd be more than willing to buy one. She took the suggestion but insisted on making one for me as a gift rather than selling me one. You'll never make any money that way Tayana, lol!

Here's what I found waiting for me when I arrived home last Friday. A lovely postcard with some of the beautiful sights in Moscow and this very pretty fob. Lookie what she attached to the end of it! Tatyana remembered my love of cats and personalized it with this pretty scrolled cat.

Isn't it sweet? Thank you very much Tatyana. You've brought me a little closer to your homeland!




Now I'm off to put up my feet and pick up my needle. Got to find a pair of scissors for this pretty fob too!

Happy stitching!

10 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, I added so little to my jar this month I'm not sure the pictures even look different! Enjoy your countdown to "R"day...retirement day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn, I just finished working with Valdani floss for the first time and I love working with it and best of all it was a gift, which in turn I re-gifted to the giver as a stitched in the "Sheltering Tree"! Boy, it sure is a nice floss to stitch with.
    Nice scissor fob too.
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely gift from Tatyana - So thoughtful:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute scissor fob, love the kitty on the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty scissor fob! I hope you found the perfect scissors for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you like the scissor fob! It is a pleasure to make them, especially for a friend :)

    Big hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute pic. I love your beaded fob.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynn I'm sure at tuis point you're just counting down the hours until you retire! Pretty orts and what a lovely fob

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful gift from Tatyana!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely fob. I like the little kitty on the end, but it doesn't look nearly as haughty as my Yes Dear, lol. Hope you got some good stitching done!!

    ReplyDelete

Labels