Tuesday 26 November 2019

November WIPocalypse

With the arrival of November comes Christmas stitching. So for now I have put aside my Pennsylvania Dutch Sampler and started on stitching gifts as well as some Christmas stitching for our home.

Several of the pieces I've completed are smalls which I will be showing later this week on my Smalls post. 

The two other pieces I started are slightly larger than what I consider a small and are gifts for my granddaughters. The first, which I've completed, is Plum Street Samplers Tired Trio.


I loved these adorable sloths as soon as I set eyes on them. I originally planned on giving this to Summer for a birthday gift as her birthday is tomorrow. However her sister Oceanne loves foxes and I knew she might feel left out so I'm stitching Foxes Few for her and will give them both at Christmas.


The linen in the latter pic appears warped but I was lazy and took this shot while it was still on the Q-snap and I only had 3 sides of it tightened. As you can see I'm not quite finished the foxes yet but they are sooo cute! I love this series that Paulette has designed and her latest release, Rack Stack, is one that I plan on stitching for myself. I love it!!

I haven't decided yet on a pillow finish or an ornament finish for these cuties but I don't have time to waste so I'll be making my mind up quickly once I've finished the second one.

I have several choices to stitch for myself once the above two are completed. I browsed through my stash and pulled out a number that are candidates. The final choice will be decided on whether I have linen and floss handy for the design. The list includes:
Country Stitches Peppermint and Holly, Stacy Nash Gathering The Greens, Heartstring Samplery Morning Star and Plum Street Sampler Yuletide Welcome. I would be more than happy to have any one of these lovlies decorating my home. I might even try to fit in an ornie for my twig tree! 
There are two more new releases that I would love to stitch at a later date: Chessie and Me Peace and Goodwill Sampler and La D Da Merry Christmas Sampler.

We've already had our first snowstorm of the season which took place on the evening of Remembrance Day, Nov. 11.  We had a received a small amount on Nov. 7 and the temps remained cold so we ended up with a total of about  20cm ( 7-8 inches) on the ground. All of our leaves hadn't even finished falling yet!  Milder temps this past week have melted all of that away now and there is no snow forecast in the immediate future. 


See you all soon with my Smalls posting!

6 comments:

  1. Lynn: I have not seen the Sloths design before it is so sweet.
    We have red fox here almost daily, they are fun to watch, your fox's are adorable.
    I checked out your future projects oh my what a lovely choice.
    Have a beautiful thanksgiving.
    It is snowing here in Minnesota now.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those stack designs are so cute, your Granddaughters will love them.
    I love your list of prospective starts, great choices.
    We had snow here late October, which was way too early.
    It's gone now, but more is predicted this week.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! Our snow is now gone but I believe more is expected next week. At least it brightened up the landscape some!

      Delete
  3. Tired Trio makes me grin! You are making good progress on the Fox one! What a beautiful snowfall you had!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness, they are both so adorable, your granddaughters should love them!
    Lucky you with the snow, we've only been teased.

    ReplyDelete

Labels