Sunday 30 September 2018

September WIPocalypse


 Although it's officially only the start of fall, the chill in the air here along with overcast skies tends to suggest.....dare I think it!..... that W word! The forecast for next week however looks like a typical fall thank goodness. 

In keeping with the fall theme I brought out a WIP from last fall hoping to complete it. Last weekend I was successful. This is a really cute design by With Thy Needle & Thread called Acorn Gathering Sewing Roll. The first pick is where I had left off when I dug this out on Aug. 22nd. 





I intend on finishing it as a sewing roll as the pattern calls for.
This is what got me to thinking about this design and pulling it out again. I spotted this little fella when we stopped for gas on a drive into Ottawa.




Next I decided to continue working on another WIP, also started last fall. This one is an OOP design by The Primitive Needle called Annie Hyssop's Harvest Moon. 








I've spent most of the past month working on this piece. There's a lot more work to it than I expected. The grass under the houses is taking me forever. I've only got 3 lines in and still have about 6 more to go. After that point I can begin to work on the border. It's a detailed border and covers 3 sides so it should take me a fair amount of time.  Then I still have a few more lines on the bottom to be added to connect it to the border. With the amount of stitching still left there is a good possibility that this won't be complete by Halloween but I'll just be happy if it's done by the end of this year. Plus I tend to get bored working on borders and often put it aside in favour of another piece.

I have a few other designs by the Primitive Needle that I'd like to get started on over the next few years. I love her designs!

I'll leave you with a few pics from one of the Ottawa markets. My favourite time to visit there is in the fall!









I

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful stitching. Love the designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the squirrel piece! Your pictures from the Ottawa Markets look great; love the autumn colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The squirrels are great! I love the Harvest Moon, I don't think I've seen that before. One blade of grass at a time!
    Pretty pics of the market, beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn: That squirrel is adorable, I love the design.
    I am like you I get bored with borders.
    Love the farm store photos.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the finish. I am not a border person but when I make myself do them, I am really pleased with the outcome. I have also been finishing up WIPs. Love Fall market pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stitching! You've made some excellent progress, I love your little squirrel sewing roll! It's funny how some designs look simple but then they take a heap of time, isn't it? It will be gorgeous when finished, I look forward to seeing a photo :) Lovely autumn photos too, the pumpkins have arrived finally in the shops here in the UK, and my daughter insisted we get all our little decorations out on October 2nd so we are feeling very autumny here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm checking in on an old blog because I'm anxious to get the pattern for Annie Hyssop's Harvest Moon. I know it's out of print and wondered where you found it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Labels