Wednesday 2 August 2017

July WIPocalypse

Wow, two posts in one day!!

Although I was on vacation for a good part of July I managed to finish two special pieces. The first is a house warming gift for my sister Laurie. It's a little overdue since she's been in her condo for almost two years, lol! It's a Blackbird Design and is called Summer Jubilee. 




It's off to be framed very soon and I can't wait until she sees the finished product!

The second finish was picked by my son and future daughter-in-law as a wedding gift. I had several wedding charts in my stash but this is the one they chose.



It will also be off to the framer very shortly. I breathed a sigh of relief when the last stitch was in on this one. I wanted it finished in plenty of time for framing and since the wedding is in October I have lots of time.

I continue to stitch on a piece by Heartstring Samplery called With My Needle 1807 and I've started a new stitch as well by Stacy Nash called Tribute to Summer Sampler. I should have pics of both next month. The camera wasn't charged when I tried to take pics today.

Our vacation was a little different this year. Traditionally we head to Muskoka, boat in tow, to spend a week or two on Bala Park Island. This year we decided to take the money we would normally spend on our holiday and give it to my son for his upcoming wedding. 
So instead we left for Sault Ste. Marie for the wedding of a former youth choir member of my husband's. After the wedding we crossed into the US and travelled to the Boyne/Charlevoix area of Michigan for an overnight and then on to my sister's home. After spending a couple of days catching up with her we then departed back across the border to Windsor, Ontario where my mother lives as well as Bob's brother.

We had a great visit with everyone and enjoyed the scenery in northern Michigan which is an area I haven't really visited. 
Here are some pics of our adventure.


Heading to the wedding in Sault Ste. Marie

Flowers line the streets in Charlevoix

The waterfront in Charlevoix


Lights sparkle at dusk in Charlevoix

 A view of the lake in Charlevoix



Tempting treats!


 Charlevoix Bay in Boyne City



Enjoying the view in Boyne City

Sharing laughs with my sister

A visit with my nephews Alex(lt) and Patrick(rt)

A busy, wonderful vacation but I'm happy to be home once more, needle in hand.

12 comments:

  1. Your vacation looks like a fun time.
    beautiful pics.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although your vacation was different from last years' vacations you seemed to have a great time exploring a new-to-you region and visiting with family. Great pictures of Charlevoix which looks really tempting. And two lovely stitched pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finishes. Glad you enjoyed your alternative vacation .xxx
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the finishes! Looks like you had a great trip, we love northern MI for vacation though we normally end up in the Mackinaw City area. Mackinac Island is amazing if you haven't been yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely wedding keepsake
    Fabulous snapshots of your trip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful stitched pieces - well done on your finishes! Lovely holiday photos, Charlevoix looks a pretty town & it's always great to spend time with family :) but I know what you mean, it's nice to be home too! Have a lovely weekend,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stitching. Looking forward to seeing them framed and in their full glory. Great holiday pics, everyone looks very relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pics from your little vacation, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful holiday photos! I adore the flower lined streets, gorgeous! Your stitching is beautiful and the wedding sampler if perfect! I always stress about deadlines but October is an excellent cushion to have!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your vacation looks wonderful, I hope you had a lovely time :) I love the finished wedding sampler, it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your trip looks amazing! I hope you've got a really gret time there. Your stitching looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Labels