Saturday 1 July 2017

June's stitching - WIPocalypse and Smalls

HAPPY CANADA DAY 150!!


Although the calendar tells us that summer is here, it sure doesn't feel like it. Our days have been rainy and cool. Perfect stitching weather but unfortunately I've been busy with other matters which has prevented much of that. I've only picked my needle up again during the past week. 
I didn't have the time to start any new smalls but I did do the final finishing on two from last year to add to my Canada Day display.

The first is a freebie by Jan Alexander of Tree of Life Samplings which I made my own by adding the Canadian flag. I found the sweet backing fabric at my local quilting shop.



The second is designed by Nan Lewis of Threadwork Primitives and is also a Canadian version of her patriotic chart Land That I Love. Nan designed this version for me and I am thrilled with how it has turned out. It is backed with some lovely wool.


There is room at the bottom of the stitching for the addition of a charm or pin. I have a Canada 150 pin which I am considering adding to this.

I have put very few stitches into BBD Summer Jubilee since my last WIPocalypse. Here is an updated pic.



I have put this aside to start the stitching for a wedding piece that my son Chris and his fiance Violet have picked out for their nuptials this October. It is designed by Silver Creek Samplers and is called Forever Love. It is based on the verse from I Corinthians. It's not a very big piece but it will look lovely when it's completed and framed. 



I also found this stitch I had put aside in the early spring and forgot about it. I'm not sure if I ever shared a picture of it before now. This is called With My Needle by Heartstring Samplery.
I'm hoping to get back to it and Summer Jubilee as soon as the wedding piece is completed.



June has brought some feathered visitors back to our neighbourhood once more. This is the only time of year that we see the Cedar Waxwings around. Once they have cleaned off all of the berries from the neighbour's tree they fly off until the following June.




Today was a wet, dreary day, certainly not what we had in mind for our Canada Day celebrations! However there was a bright spot of colour who arrived at our feeder to greet us and his colour was perfect for the holiday.



I'm off to Syracuse, NY later this month to meet with some of my close stitching friends. I can't wait to see them all again! One of the girls is bringing some more framed finishes that Patti Nicolosi has finished for me. I'll have lots of pics to share on my next post. 

I want to take this time to wish all of my family and friends a very Happy Canada Day today! We are 150 yrs young and so very proud! There isn't anywhere else on earth I would rather live.

As well I want to take the time to wish all of my US friends a very Happy 4th of July. I hope you all have the most enjoyable celebrations!!



8 comments:

  1. Happy Canada Day to you! What fabulous finishes you have created! I really like the piece you are stitching for your son's wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great finishes for Canada Day. And nice progress on your WIPs.
    Cedar Waxwings are such beautiful birds but very rare where I live. I have only seen them once many years ago. They ate up all the rose hips left in our garden and then flew away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Canada pieces.
    The Wedding Sampler will be so pretty.
    We have Cedars that don't stay around long either, they are so beautiful.
    Looks like Mr, Cardinal stopped by for a Canada Day visit!
    Happy 150th!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finishes and WIPs.

    Love your bird photos. They are such pretty birds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Canada Day! Your finishes are wonderful. The sampler is going to be beautiful for your son and daughter-in-law to-be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn: I love birds, the photos of the waxwings and the cardinal are beautiful.
    Lovely Canada finish's, Happy 150 from your neighbor to the south in Minnesota.
    Thank-you for the July 4th well wish's.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...I love all of the Patterns that you are planning on to Stitch....

    Your Pillows are so pretty...you are a very talented Stitcher....

    I love your Nature Photos...

    Have A Lovely Day

    Happy Stitching

    Linda K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Lynn, I'm back in the world of blogging after a VERY long break. It's so good to come back and get inspired by everyone's beautiful stitching. I hope you are well, I'm looking forward to catching up on your recent posts :)

    ReplyDelete

Labels