Thursday 23 February 2017

February Smalls

February's weather to date has allotted lots of stitching time. I managed to finish up a large project that I've been working at on and off for 3 years. I'll show pics of it on my WIPocalypse post later this month. In the meantime I got started on one of several smalls projects I pulled out. 

This one stitched up more quickly than I expected. It's by Blackbird Designs and is from their book, A Stitcher's Journey. It's called Tulip House Stitching Companion.


I'm going to finish this one off on a small primitive slate, similar to this finish I did a little while ago.


I wanted to show you the sweet Valentine's package I received from Gable House Goodes this month as part of their seasonal candle club.
In addition to a candle you receive a seasonal mix of potpourri and often some wax melts. The club is closed for this year but I believe it starts up again in the fall.

 
 Look at those lovely, little roses! They smell heavenly too.

Despite a fairly recent dump of snow the weather has turned rather mild and has attracted a number of feathered friends to our feeder. Here is a sampling of what I observed this week.




 I was thrilled to see the cardinal since he hasn't made an appearance for quite some time. As for the robin, he and a number of his friends stay in the area for the winter. There must be a good food supply for them. Love the purple finch too!

Now I'm off to join my local craft group for lunch and then a couple of hours of stitching. I hope you all have a wonderful day!
 

10 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching and what a lovely and what a great Valentine's selection. Our birds are feeding well so it maybe we have cold weather on it's way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet finish.
    The little roses look lovely, I can almost smell them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tulip House is pretty.
    The birds are pretty too, waiting for Spring.
    We have some Robins all winter here also.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. The BBD finish is darling. I look forward to seeing it finished on the slate. What beautiful bird pictures you shared! I hope you had a good stitching outing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitching and great pictures of the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The BBD Tulip House finish is lovely, the colours are so pretty. Wonderful bird photos.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your finishes are really pretty. I have lived in states where you can see cardinals sometimes and I just love looking at them. You captured their beauty so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love that tulip stitching.

    Great photos of the birds. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Tulip house is so pretty. They are my favorite flower. You have great pictures of your visitors. Cardinals are so special.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely finishes indeed, Lynn. And your bird pictures are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Labels