Thursday 29 September 2016

September Smalls

Autumn..... my favourite time of the year! Pumpkin everything from pies, to lattes and teas, and muffins and breads! This time of year also means stitching up a few pumpkins. 
One of the lovely finishes I had over the past month was by The Scarlett House and is called Penny Pumpkin. I absolutely love this piece! It turned out much prettier than I expected and I'm so happy with it.



It looks even better in real life. I adore the colours and although this one was meant as a pinkeep by the designer, I'm seriously considering having this one framed. I might even keep it up all year long!

I also started two other new small starts for fall. The first is by friend Nan Lewis of Threadwork Primitives and is called Ever So Grateful.
Here's my progress so far. 



I just started this one this morning and I'd like to have it complete by Thanksgiving which for us Canadians takes place on Monday, Oct.10. Wish me luck!
The second new start is by Theresa Meloon of Dulaney Woods Treasures. Theresa is also a friend of mine and I'm so thrilled that she has started to publish her designs. This particular one is called Midnight Jack and can be found in the 2016 fall issue of Punch Needle & Primitive Stitchers magazine.


Sorry this one is in the Q snap a bit crookedly. Since this is a primitive piece I'm stitching it using only one strand of floss. Trust me it will look better once it's completely stitched and finished up as a pinkeep.

Now some of you may recall last year at this time I was stitching another Halloween piece by Stacy Nash called Thistle & Spells Pinkeep. I ran out of floss for that design just one leaf short. I was unable to find anyone locally who had a bit of the required floss that they could give me so I had to order another skein. I finally got around to that this summer and finished up the piece just last week. 


It's finished for Halloween. I just didn't say which year I'd finish, lol!

It's a beautiful, sunny day here today with the perfect fall temperature.....not too hot, just perfect. I went outdoors and snapped a pic of the mums I recently purchased which are opening now into full bloom.




Love the shades in this tricolour! I also planted some pink asters last year in our back garden. They have doubled in size and are also showing their full blooms now.



I can't seem to get a good shot of the colours of this since this garden is often in shade. In any case they are a bit darker pink than pictured and I love to see another splash of colour when other flowers are near spent.

I hope you all are enjoying a day which is as nice as ours is here. I'm off to hunt down a pattern for my next big start. See you soon.

13 comments:

  1. You sure get a lot of stitching finished! Love the flower photos and the finished work as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! Love your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Fall projects.
    Love that white Pumpkin!
    The flowers are so pretty.
    Enjoy Fall!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tray of smalls in your header above is perfect for fall and the Penny Pumpkin is adorable! Great work and the flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're having a great autumn so far! The days are definitely cooler here too, but it's been beautiful! Love your stitching projects and your flowers, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful work. Your flowers looks amazing. It's more like spring that autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely collection of stitching you have been working on.
    Nice flowers in the garden, I do love asters, we have some in flower at the moment too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your penny small. I adore white pumpkins and the penny edging is just perfect. I vote for framing too! We have Stokes asters, but I never deadhead them so I don't get the second bloom. Silly me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely Halloween pieces, the finished and the started ones.
    I love your flowers, they are such great colours when autumn comes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Autumn is my favourite season too, all those beautiful colours mother nature comes up with are amazing :)
    Pretty stitching! Love all those pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I, too, love Autumn, it is the best season of them all for us in Melbourne, pleasant days, cool evenings and very settled weather. Gorgeous stitching, you have been so very busy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great work on your Autumnal smells. I love the lady with the big bustle and the lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful stitching and flowers ♥

    ReplyDelete

Labels