Wednesday 30 September 2015

September Smalls and a new framed stitch

September's small stitch is in recognition of Canada's upcoming Thanksgiving which takes place in just 12 short days.
Gobble is a sweet little turkey designed by Jenny Hoffman of Country Rustic Primitives. 


I haven't had the time yet to finish this into a little pinkeep but I did one other finish done shortly after posting it for last month's smalls.

Wild Chamomile was designed by Teresa Murgida of Primitive Acorns and was stitched as a gift for my friend Nan Lewis of Threadwork Primitives.

  
The little dragonfly charm which I added to this I found in Muskoka this summer at a local pewter shop. I wish now that I'd picked up a few more of these!

The next pic is not a small but is a finish which I completed in 2014. Blackbird Designs Acorn Hill has sat waiting in my pile of finished stitches until I found just the right frame to complement it. After antique hunting on my vacation this summer I found a wood frame which I'm told is called a Victorian criss cross frame. After bringing it home I realized which piece might work in it. My framer told me that it took a bit of work getting it right because it turns out the frame is not straight. I would never know that though looking at his handiwork. Sorry about the lack of light. This overcast day has not helped with my picture taking!


I'll be back soon with a post of my visit to Notforgotten Farm. I'm fighting a cold right now and just don't have the energy to get it all organized. Hopefully I'll feel better by the weekend. I have another stitching event to attend in Kingston!

11 comments:

  1. Oh wow! The finished piece in the antique frame is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful stitching!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finishes, Lynn! And your framed piece is stunning! Love the frame used!

    Sending get well thoughts your way!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - your frame choice was definitely worth the long wait. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work! The frame is perfect for Acorn Hill - well chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute little finish.
    That frame is perfect for Acorn Hill.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Acorn Hill looks fabulous, what a stunning frame.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stitching! And that frame is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice bunch of finishes! I love the turkey. Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finishes! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were doing some fantastic fall stitching. I love the little design you stitched to celebrate the Canadian Thanksgiving. And your little gift is so sweet.

    Blackbird Design has so many wonderful designs and each of them is worth stitching. I think I have this in my stash as well. You found a reat frame for it, it looks wonderful in it.

    I hope you had a great Thanksgiving holiday and have recovered from your cold in the menatime.

    ReplyDelete

Labels