Saturday 20 December 2014

December SFS

I can't believe that this is my final SFS post for 2014. How quickly a year seems to pass by anymore! It's been a wonderful first year and I have very much enjoyed being a part of this group. Thank you Mel for all the hard work you have put into making this work. I very much appreciate all your efforts!

This month I have been working on a new start, Plum Street Samplers Promised Lamb. It's a lovely Christmas design that was a gift last year. I know that I won't have it finished in time to display this year but I look forward to having it grace my walls next year.
Here's where I am at this point in time.


I've also finished the stitching on three more ornaments. Two of them can be seen here on my last post. I will post a pic of the third one on my final Small SAL post at the end of the month.

I ordered 2 patterns this month. One is for my Smalls SAL which you will see on the next post. Cost - $7.50. The other is a new release by Brenda Gervais of With Thy Needle & Thread called Heap on the Wood. Cost - $13.00. So my total for this month is within the $25.00 limit.

I wanted to show you a pic of some needlepoint that I spotted at a friend's home last week. My husband directs 2 community choirs and following the concert of one we were invited back to the home of one of the choir members, Dan. Dan lives in a lovely Victorian style home and collects antiques. I found this beautiful piece hanging on the wall in the powder room.  The frame is gorgeous! Click on the pic for a better view.

 
Dan loves antique needlework and has several other pieces throughout his home.

Christmas preparations leave very little time for stitching during the month of December. I decorated my home 2 weeks ago with the exception of the 2 trees which went up this week. Here's a pic of my twig tree on which I display cross stitched ornaments along with a few other small ones. The 2 porcelain cat ornaments were a Christmas gift last year from a dear friend. They're unusual and soooo cute!










Here are a few more pics of Christmas decor.





 I love bottle brush trees because they remind me of Christmas as a child. My grandmother had one or two but she also had several of the bottle brush wreaths which I have been unable to find.



 
All that remains now is to put out my Nativity scene. It didn't get put away in its usual spot last year and I just found it yesterday.

Now I'm off to finish wrapping gifts and to get started at some Christmas baking. I'd like to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas. Enjoy the season!!
 

 

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing SFS!! Have a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post Lynn! Dan's antique needlework is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little cottage on your header.
    All of your decorations and ornaments are so pretty.
    Love the rusty tree with the jingle bells!
    Take care and have a happy Holiday time.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely Christmas post, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your SFS, it's been a great year, I hope 2015 is just as good. I love all your Christmas items, great ornaments. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember your pictures of Dan's home from last year - absolutely lovely! All your finishes are perfect. Thanks for sharing them and wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stitching, the ornament tree is very pretty. Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post, love that adorable tree.

    Merry Christmas
    catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your decorations. The needlepoint is just beautiful, a wonderful frame.

    Wishing you a very Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on completing SFS, it was good fun!
    I love your ornie tree, so many lovely designs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely decorations. Love your tree, unusual ornaments, the birdie is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Labels