Tuesday 14 December 2010

A little stitching and celebrations

I can't believe that so many days have passed since I last posted. Time is getting away on me and I'm starting to panic as Christmas approaches. There don't seem to be enough hours in the day for me to accomplish everything that needs to be done. Add to that the fact that I'm always sleep deprived and you get the picture. I enlisted my son Daniel's help this week in order to get the house decorated. As you can see, the tree is now done!I also wanted to spend some time with Dan since he is celebrating his 26th birthday tomorrow. My husband Bob also saw a birthday pass on Sunday so we had a joint celebration yesterday. It was the only day that all of us could get together. With Bob being an organist and choir director, this is an extremely busy time for him and we haven't seen much of him lately. I had hoped to try a new dessert for them that I found on Carol's blog but there just hasn't been enough time so I bailed out and bought them a chocolate fudge cake from the local bakery. The neighbours came over and joined us too so there isn't much cake left now, thank goodness. It's just too tempting!!

I've made a small amount of progress on Jardin Prive Christmas. The top line with the word Christmas and the church is the latest stitching on this one. When I stitched the church, it called for the windows to be left so that just the fabric beneath showed but my fabric was so light that you couldn't tell there were windows there. That's when I decided to backstitch the windows to make them more visible. After stitching in the top of the piece I decided to put it aside in favour

of my M design name trees. I ordered these last year (or it might even have been the year before ) to stitch for my two granddaughters, Oceanne and Summer. Oceanne's tree is stitched save for the beading but I hadn't even touched Summer's yet. Time to get my butt in gear if I want these done for this year. I'm still not even sure that will happen! In any case here's a pic of Summer's tree up until now as well as a pic of Oceanne's tree. If you look at Oceanne's tree sideways you'll be able to see her name within the branches.






















Ooops, I've run out of time! I'm heading out with my son for dinner and possibly a movie.
I have lots of other pics to share with you so I'll try and post again within the next day or two.
Enjoy your evening!

11 comments:

  1. The tree looks great! Your Christmas WIP is going to be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jardin Prive Christmas is so pretty Lynn, I can't wait to see how you finish it off. Your tree is beautiful and so is that Boat House in the snow. WOW, what's not to like about living in the Snow Belt of Ontario eh? Very Pretty in fact, you can almost HEAR the icicles forming just by looking right into the trees. Lovely Picture Lynn.
    Be always in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is stunning Lynn :) LOVE it...and look at your sweetie under there...just a picture of tranquility!

    Love the Jardin Prive Christmas...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope things calm down for you soon and you get to fully enjoy the Christmas season. Jardin is looking wonderful, I love the colours in this piece, so festive. The fabric you're stitching the names on is perfect for your little granddaughters :) Merry Christmas Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missed you at stitching last night. Your Jardin Prive Christmas is looking good. Merry Christmas and hope to see you in January. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tree is lovely....as is your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, is that your kitty under the tree! How sweet :)

    I just love Jardin Prive's Christmas piece, Lynn--it looks like it would be very enjoyable to stitch with all those cute motifs. And what a luscious looking cake--I'm surprised there was enough left to photograph!

    Hope your son and husband had delightful birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tree is so pretty! We don't have ours up yet--I think this is the latest we've ever gone without it up. I am kinda hoping the kids don't notice. LOL Your Christmas stitching is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tree is lovely and I see that Clarisse has found herself a new snuggly spot underneath it!

    Please, don't stress out too much about the holidays. We are meant to enjoy ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lynn your tree looks gorgeous! Mine is still not out of the box yet. I've really got to get on that I suppose.

    Your Christmas WIP is so pretty and the girls will love their trees when they get them.

    Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Labels