Sunday, 12 September 2010

Just give me a boathouse

I'm afraid I have nothing in the way of stitching to show you right now. The frogs have stopped in for the weekend and all the progress I made on my ornament the past couple of days now has to be redone. I promise I'll have some pictures to post in a couple of days. In the meantime I'll show you the pictures of the boathouses I mentioned in my previous post.

The title of this post is something I've said to friends many times. I don't care if I own a cottage in Muskoka, I just want one of their boathouses. After seeing these pictures you'll understand why. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.


















These are just a few of my favourites. They come in all shapes and sizes and as far as I'm concerned they're better than a cottage. I mean, who doesn't like to fall asleep to the sound of lapping water and the call of the loons? I think that's what I enjoyed the most about our rental this year. All of these particular boathouses are located on Lake Muskoka. I think I've accumulated about 75-80 pictures of these beauties. I told my DH that I'd like to head out into Lake Joseph and Lake Rosseau next year and see what I find there. I hope you've enjoyed my little peek into one of my obsessions. After all, you already know my main obsession. I think you're all afflicted with that one!

11 comments:

Carol said...

Those are incredible, Lynn! I never knew such beautiful boat houses existed... I love loons, too--we used to vacation on a lake in Ontario every summer when I was a child and I still remember their haunting calls.

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Lake Joseph is a beauty and so is Rosseau, and not without a few good boathouses I might add. You will like what you see there also.
Be always in stitches.

Angela P said...

Aren't they all just stunning! My personal favorites are the first and the last (love those triangle windows) and a 3 boat garage??? What! LOL. They are all bigger than my apartment so I'd live in any of them (happily too). Thanks for sharing.

Bekca said...

I have never seen boathouses before, we don't have anything like them in England. I can see why you want one! Looking forward to your stitchy pictures and thank you for the kind comment you left on my blog :) Happy stitching.

Siobhan said...

WOW!! Oh my gosh, they are beautiful! Yeah, I'd think I'd settle for a boat house, too. ;) I am a bit freaked over the idea of a garage on water--but for boats--so cool, and so different from anything I've seen.

Sorry about the frogs!

Daffycat said...

I had no idea! Aren't they spectacular?

Aussie Stitcher said...

Gorgeous houses and such a beautiful setting. I am surprised if you got any stitching done at all, I would have been "too busy" enjoying the view.

Littlebit said...

I must say that I have never seen a boat house, or even heard of one, actually! Incredible pictures!

Pam @ Heart2Heart said...

Beautiful! I've never seen a boathouse before, those look better than some houses I've seen LOL. Looks like you had a wonderful vacation! Thanks for sharing a bit of it with us :D

Suzanne said...

These boat houses are beautiful. What an amazing place to live! Now that's somewhere I could easily live.

Gabriele said...

Oh my God.... how wonderful! I wish I could afford one.
Found your blog today.
I'm Gabi and I live in Germany. Canada is one of places I always like to travel again.
Greetings, Gabi

Labels